Whitley EDC Announces Youth Agribusiness Pitch Contest
The Whitley County Economic Development Corporation (EDC) is accepting applications for Whitley County youth for their agribusiness ideas or current local business plan. Two $500 cash prizes will be awarded, applications are due July 1, 2022.
The Whitley County Youth Agribusiness Pitch Competition is a business/idea pitching competition to encourage the youth to engage in the agricultural industry. The competition aims to ensure the continuous creation of investable ideas that will contribute to Whitley County agriculture.
- The competition is open to individuals in grades 5 through 12, who attend a Whitley County School; including Smith Green Community Schools, Whitko Community Schools, and Whitley County Consolidated Schools OR provide proof of homeschooling education within Whitley County, Indiana
- Applicants do not have to be an active National FFA Organization member
- Participants must submit the application on or before July 1, 2022.
- The participants will be noticed via email when their business pitch was received.
- The selection committee from regional agricultural leaders will review, evaluate and determine the two winners for a $500 cash prize each.
The application can be found here and are due July 1, 2022.