The Broadband Task Force was formed by the Whitley County Economic Development Corporation (EDC) and the Whitley County elected officials. The Task Force comprises representatives and experts from area economic development and business groups, broadband service providers, elected officials, and other community leaders committed to deploying fast, reliable broadband access to all Whitley County residents and businesses.
Take the Speed Test
The Indiana Broadband Office has launched an enhanced speed test and survey platform in lieu of the Farm Bureau Speed Test. This tool will assist communities in identifying the underserved and unserved areas. We encourage individuals to take the test and survey to assist our community in planning and deploying broadband at ConnectingIndiana.com
- Indiana Broadband Office
- A one stop shop for all broadband related questions, updates, and resources
- Subscribe to the IN Broadband Office for updates (enter email below) - https://www.in.gov/ocra/
- Connecting Indiana Platform
- The IBO has launched an enhanced speed test and survey platform in lieu of the Farm Bureau Speed Test. This tool will assist communities in identifying the underserved and unserved areas. We encourage individuals to take the test and survey to assist our community in planning and deploying broadband at ConnectingIndiana.com
- Indiana Connectivity Program
- The Indiana Connectivity Program is an extension of the Next Level Connections Grant Program. The program allows unserved or underserved locations to apply for consideration in the Next Level Connections portal to initiate their interest in receiving broadband internet service. Internet service providers will have the opportunity to review the locations submitted by end-users and place bids to the state on the cost of providing service to these locations. Residents and businesses should leverage this program that lack broadband internet access.
- Broadband USA’s Grant Programs
- A one stop shop for all federal broadband related questions, updates, and resources
- FCC Broadband Map
- FCC Affordable Connectivity Program Homepage
- The Affordable Connectivity Program is an FCC benefit program that helps ensure that households can afford the broadband they need for work, school, healthcare and more. The Affordable Connectivity Program is limited to one monthly service discount and one device discount per household.
- MetaLINK Affinity Plans